Level 5 Certificate in Police Management
The Level 5 Certificate in Police Management is designed to recognise and develop the competence of individuals who are aspiring and practising managers within the police sector.
This qualification has been developed with Skills for Justice and is accredited on the Regulated Qualifications Framework
for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Manage operational threats and risks in a policing context
- Principles of management and leadership
- Manage policing investigations in own area of responsibility
- Develop and implement an operational plan
- Obtain, analyse and provide information to support decision making
- Initiate and implement operational change
- Determine and review authorisations for law enforcement
- Plan law enforcement operations
- Deploy resources for law enforcement operations
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of the Level 5 Certificate in Police Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to another qualification at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 to Level 6)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
CMI EDUCATION PROVIDERS
Are you still providing and require information on our previous Level 4 Certificate in Police First Line Management (running until 30th September 2016 - expires 30th September 2019).