Change and Risk Management
Start Date: 20 Jun 2019
Start Time: 12:15 PM
End Time: 4:00 PM
Duration: 3 hours 45 minutes
Venue: CMI, 3rd floor, 77 Kingsway , London, WC2B 6SR › View map
Member price: £130.00
Non-member price: £150.00
In today’s uncertain, and ambiguous business environment the ability to drive change is a key strategic requirement and an important leadership skill. Although many change management initiatives fail and stakeholders can be resistant to organisational changes; embracing good practice and effective methodologies can help managers to thrive through change.
The session’s facilitator, Eszter Molnar Mills, will share her experience on the subject and provide useful insights for delegates to apply within their sectors and organisations. Previous attendees at all levels of seniority found this workshop very useful either as a detailed overview of key change and risk management best practices or as a refresher providing actionable insights for their role. The exact content of the workshop will be adapted to the level of experience and existing knowledge of participants, assessed through a pre-workshop questionnaire.
This session will cover:
- The business case for change
- The key change management mistakes to avoid
- Core change management models and approaches
- Stakeholder engagement and resistance to change
- Positive change management methodologies
- Managing in a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, and ambiguous) environment
- Attitudes risks, risk assessments and key risk treatment approaches
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the core issues of change
- Understand successful approaches to effectively leading change
- Develop their own skills in managing change projects
- Describe actions to minimise resistance, engage and motivate people
- Consider positive and resource-based change methods
- Create a change plan including risk treatments
Eszter Molnar Mills
Eszter is the director of Formium Development a strength-based leadership and organisational development consultancy. As a management and organisational development specialist, Eszter helps leaders, teams and organisations reach enhanced performance through identifying and harnessing their strengths.
Eszter’s areas of work include training, facilitation, organisational development and change management as well as team and executive coaching. According to clients, working with her is supportive and challenging but also enjoyable.
Eszter moved into learning and development 18 years ago, having previously run a charity and worked in social policy. In her corporate career she has held a number of HRD roles, most recently as Head of Organisational Development. She holds an MBA, is a Chartered Manager and Fellow of the CMI and CIPD. She is the past chair of two CMI Networks.
Eszter’s particular interests involve the impact of positive psychology and strength-based approaches on individual and organisational success. She believes in continuously learning and keeping up-to-date to bring with what research tells us works, into organisational practice.
Questions about this event should be addressed to CMI Events at email@example.com or by telephone on 01536 207485.