Location: Corby with flexible & hybrid working
Reports to: Product Analysis Manager
Salary: £40,000 plus benefits
Closing Date: 17th June 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
The individual will work closely across CMI departments to capture and articulate business requirements that meet CMI’s Strategy and work with the Tech team to refine those needs into deliverable features. You’ll also assist teams and individuals across the business to unblock and identify opportunities in the current working practices to improve and help implement new ways of working.
- Taking ownership to gather requirements, define, scope and refine new features ready for estimation.
- Work closely with the business to prioritise and champion the highest value features.
- Create process maps, identify issues and their root causes and outlining solutions to fix the problems.
- Support and coordinate design solutions in partnership with users, the UX team and the tech team.
- Define the delivery of features for a program of work by articulating user-stories, writing functional and non-functional requirements in Jira.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the development team, understanding our customer’s needs and business drivers to shape appropriate solutions
- Hold the role of Product Owner in Agile ceremonies, working with your development team to prioritise work to ensure delivery, and thinking laterally to resolve blockers
- Manage and maintain Agile Scrum team backlog for the product including regular backlog refinement with the scrum team.
- Report Scrum team progress and highlight any risks to the business stakeholders.
- Ensure features delivered are valuable to end-users and contribute to the program’s objectives and take responsibility for user testing and sign off for the feature.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Significant experience in a Business Analyst/Product Owner role
- Experienced in using agile and hybrid development methodologies
- Has an eye for detail and an inquisitive mindset and is always looking for improvements in our product and ways of working
- Strong negotiation, influencing, and facilitation skills required to get things done and collaborate with key stakeholders.
- Loves problem solving, seeking out issues and delivering change
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.