Location: Home-based with occasional travel to our Corby and London offices
Reports to: Assessor Compliance Manager
Salary: £35,000 plus benefits
Closing Date: 25/03/2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
To prepare for, and undertake, End Point Assessments (EPAs) in line with CMI quality assurance practices and regulatory requirements across a range of end point assessments of Apprenticeship Standards in the Leadership and Management, and aligned, fields. The role will involve the assessor leading EPA activities with training providers and employers, completing EPAs and recording and uploading all relevant materials. Additionally, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake checks on Gateway documentation supplied by apprentices to ensure compliance with assessment plan requirements.
- Prepare for EPA activity and Live Assessment Days (LADs) by reviewing and/or assessing apprentice work and preparing questions.
- Conduct EPA activities and LADs and make assessment judgements on apprentice competence in line with CMI’s assessment methodology and the appropriate standard governing apprentice competency.
- Lead EPA Panels and Live Assessment Activities for apprentices and recommend on whether sufficient competence has been demonstrated (subject to Internal Quality Assurance (IQA)).
- Undertake detailed checks on Gateway documentation supplied by apprentices to ensure that they meet the requirements of the published assessment plans before confirming Gateway has been achieved.
- Work with the IQA team to identify trends and areas for standardisation and improvement, and participate in regular standardisation and moderation activities.
- Liaising with the IQA Team to ensure possible improvements are fed back to training providers and employers.
- Work with the EPA Team to ensure maximisation of opportunity for apprentices to undertake EPAs.
- Undertake all activities to deliver the KPIs of the team in line with the wider aims and objectives of the department, directorate and CMI.
- Provide data /information to enable the measurement of the team’s performance on a continuous basis.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Assessor Award and/or substantial experience of assessing in a standards-driven environment.
- Functional Skills L2 in English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Credible professional qualifications and experience at L5 or above in Leadership & Management, Business Administration, Project Management or Consulting, or closely aligned subjects.
- Knowledge of apprenticeships, End Point Assessment methods and processes.
- Strong attention to detail and robust IT skills.
- An agile approach to working, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and SLAs.
- Proven record of and commitment to continuous personal learning and development.
- Knowledge of the CMI and its work
- The ability to assess against L6 and L7 leadership & management apprenticeship standards
- Chartered Manager status
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with bespoke software systems and e-portfolios
- Experience of working as an Independent End Point Apprenticeship Assessor.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.