Location: Home-based with occasional travel
Reports to: Head of Employer and Partner Provider Relationships
Salary: £45,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
Join CMI in 2022 and celebrate 75 years of Better Managers!
About the role:
Growing and enhancing our value with private training providers is a key growth area for CMI in line with our strategic objectives. We are looking to recruit an ambitious and proactive B2B sales relationship manager who has a proven track record of driving strategic and commercial sales growth with private training providers across the UK.
The role is fast paced, target driven and a classic mix of developing new business and growing sales through existing relations. We are inviting applications from individuals who are comfortable in managing an annual sales opportunity pipeline of circa £2 million by liaising with C suite executives at Chief Executive, Director level by promoting apprenticeships and or related management development solutions.
- Grow CMI’s presence and identify sales growth opportunities by engaging leading private training providers across the UK (excl Scotland).
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline of £2 million. Primarily by managing an existing client base and identifying new customers and taking it through to sale and long term partnerships.
- Lead strategic engagement with C suite decision makers at Chief Executive, Director and Head of Capacity around CMI’s vision for better management and leadership. Understand customer pain points, ambitions and strategically align the value of our customer offering as a solution.
- Manage a portfolio of existing customer relationships. Ensure they are well supported and develop upsell / cross sell opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders at CMI to develop innovative engagement models and marketing solutions to drive customer engagement. Identify and implement new working practices and processes to improve the customer journey and experience with CMI leading to positive Net Promoter Scores (NPS).
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Proven track record of sales success and developing strong customer relationships across private training providers.
- Managed an individual annual sales opportunity pipeline of circa £2 million. Regularly qualifying the quality and strength of the opportunities across the customer portfolio.
- Demonstrable track record of primarily developing new business opportunities and self generating new leads.
- Grown business through upselling / cross selling across existing client portfolio.
- Has developed innovative solutions to drive engagement and improve customer journey and experience leading to uptake of products and services.
- Confident in developing and undertaking sales presentations to a senior audience. Comfortable in networking at large industry leading conferences and events.
- Regularly looking for opportunities to self develop and learn new skills.
- Managed a sales pipeline by using Salesforce CRM.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.