CMI to provide Future Managers and Leaders practical tips to boost chances of employabilityThursday 07 November 2019
Future managers and leaders from across the UK will be attending the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Future Leaders 2019 Festival in London, Bristol and Leicester to participate in seminars and workshops to improve their employability. The event will enable the “next generation” of the CMI membership community to receive practical help in their careers via seminars and workshops.
CMI research has shown that 60% of employers expect graduates to have practical management and leadership skills when they enter work.
51% of UK Senior and Middle managers believe the country will need greater investment in skills post-Brexit. 4 in 5 existing managers are untrained, and 71% of firms admit that they fail to offer management training to first-time managers.
Daisy Hooper Head of Student Experience at the Chartered Management Institute who is leading the Future Leaders Festival 2019 said:
“The Future Leaders Festival will provide practical tips to tomorrow’s leaders and managers on how they can become conscious leaders, and not “accidental managers”. According to Bank of England and OECD analysis, poor management and leadership is one of the major factors affecting the productivity gap. Investors in People revealed that poor leadership and management costs the UK economy £84bn a year in lower productivity.
- 90% of education partners say that CMI has a high level of impact on student employability;
- 82% of students believe that a CMI qualification will make them more employable; and
- 66% of employers want to see graduates achieve professional qualifications alongside their main degree.
- Students want to know their studies will enhance their employment prospects and lead to great careers. It’s clear from the latest CMI analysis that studying on a CMI-accredited course helps graduates achieve these goals.”
THE DETAILS OF EVENTS
A week-long series of events dedicated to celebrating and showcasing future leaders and change-makers.
A day-by-day list of what's going on can be found below. You may need to register to attend or to view our live video stream.
Future Leaders Festival 2019 Events
Monday 11th November
CMI Kingsway, London, 6.30-8.30pm
Hear Political Activist and writer, Gina Martin and Sophie Adelman, President of WhiteHat talk about what disruptive leadership means to them and what Future Leaders can learn from their differing experiences of disrupting the status quo. The speakers at our opening event will share their top tips for starting out on the journey to lead change before taking questions and networking with attendees.
Tuesday 12th November
South West Conference, Bristol
Showcasing Future Leaders in the South West. This workshop will look at how to make an impact in an ever changing world.
Tuesday 12th November
THE FUTURE OF MANAGEMENT
Leicester Innovation Hub
Are you a leader of the future? What are the challenges future leaders will face and what skills and knowledge will you need to be successful? Join The Innovation Hub for an evening of pizza, presentations and networking. This event is for students exploring their future management roles.
Wednesday 13th November
RADICAL WORKPLACES. THE FUTURE OF WORK
How well do today’s senior leaders know the leaders of tomorrow? Tune in to our live stream event where we’ll put our panel of experts under the spotlight as we explore the gap between expectation and reality.
Friday 13th November
THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP
CMI Kingsway, London, 12-2pm
Boundary-pushing authors of bestselling book Slay in Your Lane, Yomi Adegoke and Elizabeth Uviebinené will talk about what the future of leadership looks like to them. You’ll then have the opportunity to network with Yomi and Elizabeth and senior leaders from CMI’s network. There’ll be practical tips to take away so you have the tools to make the maximum impact in your early career.
Notes to editors
Chartered Management Institute
- The Chartered Management Institute is the chartered professional body for management and leadership, counting more than 132,000 managers and leaders in its membership community
- There are 6,856 Chartered Managers
- Backed by a unique Royal Charter, CMI is the only organisation able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.