Base - London
Closing date - 12th February 2020
Salary - £28,500
We’re looking for a creative and ambitious Social Media Executive to join our team. Social media is a key communications channel at CMI, covering national policy and current affairs, member engagement, marketing and community management. The Social Media Executive supports the Head of Social Media and the Social Media and Content Producer to plan and create content across all our social media channels.
This role requires a combination of creative and analytical skills. You will plan and create your own written and visual content as well as write design briefs for campaigns and projects. You need to be able to analyse the success of social media content and make changes based on the analysis. You will also be responsible for responding to queries received on our social media channels and engaging with our key audiences.
You will be responsible for:
- creating and scheduling content across all of CMI’s main social media channels
- planning the content calendar and coordinating projects
- providing good customer service by responding to and assigning queries received on social media
- engaging with existing and target audiences on social media
- assisting the Social Media Content Producer and the Head of Social Media with campaigns and events
- live social media coverage at major events
- analysing and reporting on social media content
- liaising with internal and external stakeholders
You will need the following skills and experience to be considered for this role:
- creative with both content, ideas and solutions to problems
- highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- able to work to short deadlines
- able to work in a team and communicate effectively
- excited about learning new things and always looking for ways to improve
- proficient in the use of Adobe Photoshop
- data-driven with the ability to analyse the effectiveness of social media content and campaigns
- experienced in creating visual and written content for social media
- experienced in using social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Falcon
- demonstrable experience in a similar role
- degree educated, preferably in marketing, communications, PR or a related field.
The following skills and experience are an added bonus:
- video and podcast recording and editing
- experience working in a membership organisation, industry body or education.
- use of Google Analytics for analysis and reporting
- experience with social media advertising
- knowledge of the latest social media trends
- experience using Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro.
This role reports to the Head of Social Media and works alongside the Social Media and Content Producer.
For further information on this position, please find attached job description and person specification. If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter containing your current salary and salary expectations via our secure file drop