The CMI SCQF Level 6 qualifications in First Line Management are developed for supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity, this qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
The CMI SCQF Level 6 qualifications in First Line Management are designed for supervisors and first line managers who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
Our CMI SCQF Level 6 Award in First Line Management provides an introduction to the skills, roles and responsibilities of this management area. It will also develop your basic knowledge by focusing on the development of specific management skills.
A more extensive qualification, our CMI SCQF Level 6 Certificate in First Line Management gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
With a more comprehensive structure, our CMI SCQF Level 6 Diploma in First Line Management gives you all the key skills and competencies you'll need to become an effective first line manager.
- Resource planning
- Recruitment and selection process
- Being a leader
- Understanding team dynamics
- Improving team performance
Assessment can be via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of the CMI SCQF Level 6 in First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 6 Award to Level 6 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 6 Certificate to Level 8 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager