CMI qualifications provide a progressive framework that enables you to develop and broaden your management skills. Each qualification leads on
from the next, delivering professional learning that equips you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to take your career further.
CMI offers a broad range of leadership and management qualifications – some of the subjects are:
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Health and Social Care
- Management and Leadership
- Management Consultancy and Business Support
- Police and Public Service
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
Use the subject filter on our qualification finder
to identify the right course for you. Alternatively you can contact us and
one of our consultants will help you find the right qualification.
CMI offers qualifications from Level 2, ideal for aspiring managers, to Level 8, suited to C-level senior managers.
Designed for aspiring, supervisory or first line managers, Levels 2 & 3 offer a broad range of knowledge ranging from team leading to project and resource management. For mid managers, Levels 4 & 5 (equivalent to a degree) are more appropriate as they focus on developing core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management. Levels 6 & 7 are developed for Directors and Senior Managers who have the responsibility to translate organisational strategy into effective performance. CMI is the only organisation that offers Level 8 (equivalent to a doctorate) which is suited to C-level senior managers.
Use the level filter on our qualification finder
to choose the right level for you. Alternatively you can contact us and one of
our consultants will help you find the right qualification.
Award, Diploma or Certificate?
CMI qualifications come in three different sizes, depending on how in-depth the qualification is and how long it will take you to complete it.
- Award is the shortest and most concise qualification – takes between 1 and 3 months.
- Certificate provides a broad base of knowledge and skills – takes between 3 and 6 months.
- Diploma provides a comprehensive and extensive programme of learning - takes between 6 and 12 months.
Units and Credits
CMI qualifications consist of units, which have a credit value that tells you roughly, how long it takes to complete – one credit represents about 10 hours’
- Awards are 5 to 10 credits (50 and 100 hours’ learning).
- Certificates are 13 to 20 credits (130 to 200 hours’ learning).
- Diplomas are 37 or more credits (370 or more hours’ learning).
Where to study for a CMI qualification
Qualifications can be studied at one of our CMI Centres. Use our Centre finder to locate the Centres
nearest to you by simply entering the qualification level and your region. Our centres are approved to provide the highest standards of leadership and