Level 5 Qualifications in Management and Leadership (QCF)
The Level 5 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed for middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop key skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
The Level 5 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed for practising middle managers who wish to develop their core management skills and practices. These qualifications focus on the personal development of the individual learner’s management capabilities and competencies.
Our Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership lets you strengthen and develop your knowledge of middle management by focusing on specific management areas that are applicable to your job.
A more extensive qualification, the Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of middle management skills while focusing on the specific leadership areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
With a more comprehensive structure, our Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership gives you all the key skills and competencies you'll need to become an effective middle manager. A Diploma in Management and Leadership is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
- Conducting a management project
- Human resource development
- Operational risk management
- Ethical organisational management
- Managing ideas and innovation
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments provided by your Approved Centre. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
On successful completion of a Level 5 qualification in Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 5 Award to Level 5 Certificate etc)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 Certificate to Level 6 or 7 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager.