Location: Home-based with hybrid working available at our London or Corby office
Reports to: Director for Policy and External Affairs, dotted line to Head of Project Management
Salary: £55,000 plus amazing benefits
About the role:
This role is integral to helping CMI support better led and managed organisations and increasing the number and standard of professional qualified managers.
You will be the linchpin between comms, marketing, policy and press: leading project and programme oversight systems in support of compelling programmes of work to develop foundational policy insights, research, brand awareness and innovation. This will be achieved by working across CMI to manage and oversee high quality project delivery in line with departmental and whole organisational strategies.
- Support Director of Policy and External Affairs and Head of Brand Social and Marketing with the development of holistic high impact research, policy and communications strategies and action plans.
- Working with the Heads of Research, PR, Policy and Marketing to create and deliver plans for key priorities.
- Acting as the conduit between the programme and wider communications functions and third party suppliers.
- Develop and oversee quality assurance processes working closely with Policy and External Affairs and Marketing teams.
- Manage programme governance so RACIs (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) are clearly defined; deliverables are tracked; risks and issues are managed.
- Own the global communications calendar to ensure we have cohesion across all specialisms: ensuring prioritisation, resource allocation and working groups are kicked off and report on progress in a timely manner.
- Working with key stakeholders to analyse and report the effectiveness of communications and provide recommendations on the back of this.
- Advise teams on appropriate and relevant project management approaches (eg agile and waterfall) and develop whole team capabilities and tools through working with the wider project management team
- Be a leading voice within the project management team on evolving the organisation’s project and programme management capabilities and quality assurance development and implementation.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome all diverse backgrounds, where individuality is celebrated, creating both a forward-thinking team and a supportive space for everyone in the CMI family. We actively invite applications from diverse cultures and experience.
- We are looking for someone who can enhance our culture and align with our core values. We want someone who is ‘Passionate’ in making a positive difference to the skills of managers and leaders, ‘Practical’; with the ability to make quick and smart decisions, ‘Progressive’ about creating a better future and maintaining a ‘Professional’ code of conduct, through being accountable and ethical in everything that we do.
- Demonstrable experience of leading externally focused programmes and projects (which may have comprised elements of research, policy, public affairs, PR or marketing).
- You will have excellent programme management skills, be delivery focused and able to work at pace
- You will be highly self-motivated with excellent organisational and planning skills with an agile and flexible approach.
- Strong collaboration skills, having the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders is essential.
- A strong self-starter with impressive communication skills, who has successfully worked collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to deliver complex plans on time and on budget.
Are you looking to join a dynamic and ambitious organisation? At CMI, new leadership and management strategies are at the fore-front of what we do. We know the importance of fresh ideas and encourage new perspectives. We are a not for profit, Sunday Times top 100 employer, with a Platinum Accreditation with Investors in People. We offer an engaging, flexible and collaborative culture with a wealth of opportunity for professional development.
It doesn’t stop there. We believe we are only as good as the people that work at CMI and in turn offer a competitive benefits package for all employees:
- Flexible working – whether that’s from home or in the office; wherever works best for you. We are not a traditional 9 to 5, we are flexible with what hours you work and when you work
- 24 ½ days’ holiday + 8 days’ Bank Holiday – with annual leave days increasing with length of service and the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Wellbeing and mental health – in-house mental health first-aid trainers, BUPA Employee Assistance for 24 hour support and access to Kooth, an online mental health platform
- CMI membership – take advantage of our amazing courses and become a Chartered Manager. Plus, CMI will pay your professional membership to one additional organisation of choice
- Rewards and Recognition scheme – cash prizes awarded to employees throughout the year
- Socials – with an active social team, we have a book club, yoga classes and regular team outings
- Pension – we add an extra 6% of your gross salary to your pension pot every month after 3 months
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) sets the Professional Standard in Management and Leadership. We have worked with businesses and education providers to inspire people to unleash their potential through qualifications, apprenticeships and training to become skilled, confident and successful managers and leaders, resulting in Chartered Manager status – the ultimate management accolade, which is proven to boost individuals’ career prospects, management capability and impact in the workplace.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should we receive a high number of suitable applicants.