Helping today’s managers to be heard
CMI’s Managers Voice represents the voice of managers across the nation.
Managers Voice is an exclusive Community of CMI managers representing the voice of UK management. The Community offers an opportunity to share thoughts through weekly polls, surveys and conversations on critical management issues.
By speaking directly to our online Community of managers and leaders, their opinions and feedback shape the support that CMI delivers to its members. Critically this ensures the voice and needs of professionally qualified managers are heard at a National level by Government, business leaders and key stakeholders.
On this page, you’ll find the latest findings from our Managers Voice surveys and polls, straight from our Managers Voice online Community. Along with quick links to our past research findings.
If you’d like to register your interest to become part of the Managers Voice Community, please fill in the form below.
Top takeaways from our Managers Voice Survey.
Our latest June 2020 Managers Voice polling explored the business impacts of Covid-19. The findings from our managers poll were featured in the Sunday Times on 14th June 2020.
- A third of managers expected redundancies in their own organisations by at least the end of 2021. Of these managers:
- 26% thought redundancies would happen by the end of 2020
- Just under half were expecting less than 50 redundancies, just under a quarter 51 - 500, and 6% over 500
- Managers had mixed opinions about when their organisations would get back to its pre-Covid situation: the greatest proportion believed this would not be until 2021 (30%), with 22% saying in 2020.
- There were mixed opinions about how the Government could support managers’ organisations to get back to their pre lockdown operations more quickly:
- A fifth thought that cuts to business rates, cuts to corporation tax and cuts or holidays for employers national insurance could support getting back to operations quickly.
- The greatest proportion of managers (nearly a third) were unsure about what the Government could do.
We have used our research findings to bring together our Better Managers Manual and Coronavirus Hub to offer support, guidance and top tips for leading through the Coronavirus crisis.