Management 4.0 - Power up your career!
Start Date: 19 Sep 2019
Start Time: 8:30 AM
End Time: 10:30 AM
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Insole Court - In the Drawing Room, Mansion House Fairwater Road , Cardiff , CF5 2LN › View map
This event is open to members of CMI, ACCA, South Wales Chamber of Commerce, ICE and anyone else who is interested in attending.
CMI Cymru is joining the national conversation Management 4.0.
Many of us may need to change our careers with the introduction of AI and automation. If you need to take stock of your career or thinking of a change then book your place on this event.
Today’s session starts at 08:30 with refreshments and an opportunity to network with other attendees
We are joined at 09:00 by Ruth Wootton from Momentwm Consulting Ltd who will...
Power up your career!
Successful people invest in themselves. If you are someone who wants to take charge of your own career, who is not afraid of a challenge and who is willing to explore different ways to further your own personal development, then investing in your career is not only smart, it is critical to your future success.
- There are lots of drivers that lead people to feel it is time to take control of their career and personal development. Some of these may feel familiar to you:
- I’m told that I need more experience in order to progress but can’t gain experience without progressing.
- I need to develop a specific set of skills but there is no training on offer at my organisation.
- I have recently been promoted but I’m struggling to make an impact.
- I know I am ready to progress to the next level, but others are not as sure.
- I want to move up the ladder in my current organisation.
- I think I’m in the wrong job, but I don’t know what I want to do instead.
- I seem to have been labelled as an expert in my field which is making it difficult for me to move in to other areas of work
- I want to stand out from the crowd at work; I want to be recognised as “top talent”.
- There are parts of my job that I love more than others; how do I do more of what I love?
Whether you wish to progress within your current company or to break into a new one, taking the time to explore and understand what is best for you as an individual is essential to ensure that you follow a career path that takes you to where you want to be in the future.
This event will focus on the 3 C’s of Career Management – Clarity, Confidence and Control and will provide you with a framework that you can use to begin taking control of your career.
The session will end at 10:30 with a further opportunity to network and chat with Board members of CMI Cymru, as well as Ruth Wootton.
Questions about this event should be addressed to CMI Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01536 207485.