CMI Highlights – 1 NovemberWednesday 01 November 2023
CMI’s major campaign exposing the prevalence of “accidental managers” in the UK is making a huge impact. The research findings have travelled as far as the US and Sweden, and have triggered a massive public debate around the importance of management and leadership skills for the UK’s sluggish economy.
With four in five managers lacking the necessary skills and training before entering a management role it’s hard to ignore the effect that this must be having on the country’s productivity and growth.
We have been working to get this critical issue in front of as many eyes as possible, from scoring billboards in Westminster to asking the CMI community to share stories of your favourite managers.
Spread the word
We want to keep the message of the campaign spreading, so here’s a few ideas to get the message out across your network as well:
- If you spot us around London, snap a photo and share it with us with the hashtag #CMIAction.
- Give a shout out to your favourite manager either on this thread or your own dedicated post with the hashtag #CMIAction.
- Like and share our posts across LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and X to get the message into more newsfeeds.
- Share what these new insights mean for you and your industry. Last week, a team at the Centre for Brexit Studies made the case for quality management and leadership driving innovation and productivity in the West Midlands’ automotive sector.
With November just beginning, it's the perfect time to get talking about mental health and what we can be doing as managers to support ourselves and our staff. On CMI Insights this week, you’ll find fresh insights into looking after personal wellbeing:
- Is your business guilty of wellbeing washing?
- Why is everyone so busy – and what can we do about it?
- What can the Navy teach you about mindfulness?
- How do we best support our teams affected by grief and loss?
A great place to learn more about evidence-based approaches to wellbeing is Evolve Workplace Wellbeing’s website, with its toolkit, business case calculator, and more.
You might also like these posts on this topic:
Don’t miss out - get notified of new content
Sign-up to become a Friend of CMI to recieve our free newsletter for a regular round-up of our latest insight and guidance.
CMI members always see more. For the widest selection of content, including CPD tools and multimedia resources, check out how to get involved with CMI membership.
Our extensive range of articles are designed to keep you in the loop with all the latest management and leadership best practice, research and news.
Members See More
CMI Members have access to thousands of online learning and CPD resources. Learn more about our membership benefits
Join The Community
CMI offers a variety of flexible membership solutions, tailored to your needs. Find out more and get involved in the CMI community today.