The top 20 companies for leadership and working culture have been named
17 October 2018 -
CMI and Glassdoor have revealed the best companies for Leadership and Culture at Work
The top 20 UK companies with the best culture and leadership practices have been revealed in new research from the Chartered Management Institute, and job website Glassdoor.
Leadership and Culture at Work: The CMI/Glassdoor top 20 is a ranking of UK businesses based on employee reviews. The list was created using a unique algorithm that combined scores for senior management, culture and values, with recommend-a-friend ratings.
The list helps to highlight innovative working styles and management practices, which the 20 companies will share in CMI’s Professional Manager magazine, and on CMI Insights. An overview of the campaign is available here.
Rob Wall, head of policy at CMI, explains: “At a time when trust in business is at an all-time low, good management and leadership is more important than ever to build inclusive and inspiring cultures which enhance productivity and promote employee engagement and wellbeing.
LEADERSHIP AND CULTURE AT WORK: THE CMI/GLASSDOOR TOP 20
“The top 20 companies are fantastic examples of the different ways culture can be nurtured, whether that’s through letting employees determine their own hours, lunchtime yoga classes, or investing in staff through high-quality leadership programmes.”
Joe Wiggins, head of corporate communications, EMEA at Glassdoor, adds: “The CMI/Glassdoor Top 20 is setting a high bar for other leadership teams to emulate. What is really interesting is the huge diversity in companies we see as pioneers when it comes to leadership style. Some of these employers are huge multinationals; others are far smaller, national firms; and in industry terms, the CMI/Glassdoor Top 20 features everything from tech and energy, to consulting and social enterprise.”
This year’s highest-ranked company in Leadership and Culture at Work: The CMI/Glassdoor Top 20 is global management consultancy Bain & Company. The firm scored highly across all measures and has a 99% recommend-a-friend rating. The full list of top-performing companies is below.
The CMI/Glassdoor top 20 companies
1. BAIN & COMPANY (management consultancy)
2. INVESTIGO (recruitment consultancy)
3. NORTHERN GAS & POWER (energy consultants)
4. THE GOOD CARE GROUP (In-home care)
5. CHESS (Tech company)
6. GOODMAN MASSON (Finance and technology recruiter)
7. XPO LOGISTICS (Logistics company)
8. AUTO TRADER (Automotive marketplace)
9. FACEBOOK (Social media platform)
10. PHMG (Custom-made audio)
11. BROMFORD (Social enterprise providing specialist housing services)
12. RENTOKIL INITIAL (Pest control services)
13. ANGLIAN WATER (Water and water recycling company)
14. PENINSULA GROUP (HR consultancy)
15. HOMESERVE UK (Home assistance provider)
16. LEAD FORENSICS (Software sales firm)
17. HISCOX (Insurance provider)
18. LOOKERS (Car dealership)
19. SALESFORCE (Cloud computing company)
20. HELPING HANDS (Professional home care)
The full Leadership and Culture at Work/the CMI/Glassdoor Top 20 report is featured in the autumn issue of Professional Manager magazine and can be found at CMI/Report.
Powered by Professional Manager